HPBookClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNGER GAMES DISCUSSION 11/25

4 posters

Go down

HUNGER GAMES DISCUSSION 11/25 Empty HUNGER GAMES DISCUSSION 11/25

Post  mslaura_mae Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:51 am

Sorry im late posting this topic, i got to work black friday Smile YAY! . .ANYWHO! what do we have to say about The Hunger Games??
mslaura_mae
mslaura_mae
Admin

Back to top Go down

HUNGER GAMES DISCUSSION 11/25 Empty Re: HUNGER GAMES DISCUSSION 11/25

Post  PixieStrike23 Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:06 pm

I really enjoyed this book! As was mentioned in another post, the first part seems slow or drawn out, but I think that really changed once they were in the Capitol! For a while I did think Peeta had joined the "careers", thankfully I was proven wrong. I'm very much looking forward to see this movie adaptation.
PixieStrike23
PixieStrike23

Back to top Go down

Post  5thMarauder Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Wasn't able to post a reply on Friday, so I'll do it now.

I really like The Hunger Games. When I read it the first time I found it hard to put it down, 'cause I had to know what happened next.
And I cried so much reading this book, it's ridiculous. The thought of the Games and what those kids had to go through really got to me. Katniss and Peeta didn't expect to return home alive, and I don't think I'll ever be able to imagine what that must feel like.

I'm also really looking forward to the movie adaption Smile
5thMarauder
5thMarauder

Back to top Go down

Post  LightSand58 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Well, I'm only a few months late with this xD . I don't know how I feel about this book, even now. It was good, yes, and it was engaging, certainly, but all I could think of while I was reading it was that it was a dystopian era Lord of The Flies remake. Probably, that's a bad thing to think, but that's what it felt like to me. Now, that's not saying that it wasn't perfectly acceptable. The writing was VERY good, and the plot was also very good, I just wish that the whole point of the story was not a romance. :/
LightSand58
LightSand58

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum