HPBookClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wicked Part1

4 posters

Go down

Wicked Part1 Empty Wicked Part1

Post  Admin Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:38 pm

what do you think of the witch so far?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hpbookclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wicked Part1 Empty Re: Wicked Part1

Post  LightSand58 Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:48 pm

I can't really give an impression. The first part of the book while information heavy is slightly dull, actually. And I'm a bit disappointed, to be truthful.

SPOILER ALERT

I love Turtle Heart and I'm glad that the baby is likely his, and not Frexspar's. Frex is an annoying git who stows FAR too much reliance in his religion. People like that just irk me, not because of their faith, but because of his inability to allow Turtle Heart and Nanny to express their thoughts. So annoying.
LightSand58
LightSand58

Back to top Go down

Post  PixieStrike23 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Have not gotten very far yet, but if it was the author's intention to make us dislike Frex early on, he nailed it. What a cretin this character is, and then he has the gall of saying "There will be other children." That just left me speechless. But otherwise the book looks good.
PixieStrike23
PixieStrike23

Back to top Go down

Post  PixieStrike23 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:51 pm

LightSand58 wrote:I can't really give an impression. The first part of the book while information heavy is slightly dull, actually. And I'm a bit disappointed, to be truthful.

I have to agree, the book does seem a bit slow. It has taken me far to long to get intrested in it.
PixieStrike23
PixieStrike23

Back to top Go down

Wicked Part1 Empty pt1

Post  mslaura_mae Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:08 am

yeah it is a bit slow! lol i haven't read past page 50 Sad . . .we can all agree that Frex is annoying Smile
mslaura_mae
mslaura_mae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PixieStrike23 Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:58 pm

I feel the first part of the book tries to cram too much info, that makes it slow-boring. The second part though is a bit better. I still find it difficult to read more than 15 min. at a time, the dialogue between characters is good and the story is easier to follow but somehow I can't seem to concentrate longer.
PixieStrike23
PixieStrike23

Back to top Go down

Wicked Part1 Empty Wicked Pt1

Post  mslaura_mae Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:10 pm

I totally agree Pixie! the print in my copy is tiny, i feel like it takes 20mins to read 2pgs lol does anyone else feel that the story is hard to fallow? should we ditch the book? Smile DM or tweet me your answer if you'd like
mslaura_mae
mslaura_mae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LightSand58 Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:54 pm

I don't like ditching books, so I'm gonna vote for no, on that.

As for the first part of the book, I feel that it simultaneously tries to cram too much sociopolitical/ religious commentary in, while you get NO feel at all for the actual characters, beyond Frex. You get a very small taste of what Melena is like, but I want to know more. As I'm already well into the second part, I can't really comment any more on it without giving things away, but it has gotten a bit easier to read, for me at least.
LightSand58
LightSand58

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum